Details are still being ironed out, so please stay tuned for more exciting additions!
Registration is open – follow this link to register online. NOTE: Registration will close on February 11 at midnight.
2nd Annual Conference: Environmental Education in a Changing Climate
8:00 a.m. – Registration/Refreshments/Networking
9:00 a.m. – Welcome
9:15 -10 a.m. – Keynote Speaker
Chief Dennis Coker, Lenape Indian Tribe of Delaware
10:10 -11 a.m. – Concurrent Session I
- Environmental Education for Early Childhood (Project Learning Tree and Growing up WILD) – Ashley Peebles, Delaware Forest Service and Edna Stetzar, DNREC
- Using Real-time Water Quality Data in the Classroom – Jennifer Holmes, DE Project Wet
11:10 a.m. -12 p.m. – Concurrent Session II
- Environmental Education for Children with Special Needs- Dr. Kristina Falling
- STEM in Nonformal Education – Tonyea Mead, Delaware Department of Education
12:00 -1 p.m. – LUNCH & Remarks from Children in Nature Task Force
1:10 -2 p.m. – Concurrent Session III
- Climate Change and Sea Level Rise – Greg Breese, US Fish & Wildlife
- Outdoor Learning Areas: Case Studies – Dave Pragoff, Delaware Nature Society
2:10 -3 p.m. – Concurrent Session IV
- Educating with Wildlife – Dawn Webb, DE Council of Wildlife Rehabilitators and Educators
- Healthy Foods and the Outdoors -Thianda Manzara, Ph.D., Healthy Food for Healthy Kids, Inc.
3:10 – 4 p.m. – DAEE Annual Meeting and Concluding Remarks