Registration is open for the Coalition for the Delaware Watershed’s upcoming conference, A Watershed United, June 10-11 in Lambertville, New Jersey. Learn more about the Delaware River Watershed, effective approaches for protecting and restoring its resources, and related Coalition initiatives. Highlights of the conference include:
- Efforts to preserve the Delaware Bayshore post-Sandy
- An overview of the state of the watershed, featuring presentations by the Delaware River Basin Commission, the Partnership for the Delaware Estuary, and The Nature Conservancy
- A panel discussion on government partnerships in the basin with speakers from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the National Park Service, the Natural Resource Conservation Service, and the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- A discussion on funding work in the watershed with the William Penn Foundation
- Field trips to the site of a recent dam removal, native woods restoration project, and wildflower preserve
- Breakout sessions to highlight restoration, recreation, education, and protection efforts around the watershed
- Presentation of the inaugural Watershed Champion Award to the Honorable Michael N. Castle.
The full conference agenda is attached. To register, visit www.regonline.com/awatershedunited. One- or two-day options are available.
Please contact Kim Beidler at 609-392-1182 or email@example.com if you have any questions about the conference or the Coalition.