Date/Time: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: The Pilot School – (*new location) 208 Woodlawn Road, Wilmington, DE 19803
This brand new campus was designed to utilize the outdoor environment and incorporate nature in many innovative ways including a living roof and large saltwater pool. The location itself is a must see, a real inspiration!
Theme: Inspired by Nature, Wherever you Are!
This year’s conference theme is intended to showcase a full-day of sessions aligned to the following strands: “Using Play to Experience Nature,” “Connecting to Your Audience,” “Using Technology to Engage Nature,” and “Using Nature to Inspire Learning.” Throughout the day we will explore environmental education opportunities, resources, best practices, and local issues to help increase our connection with nature for this and future generations.
- Kathy McGlauflin, Executive Director, Project Learning Tree
- Phung Luu, Executive Director, Animal Behaviors and Conservation Connections
>> REGISTRATION <<
- Early bird (December 28-January 11): $25 for presenters; $25 for students; $35 for non-presenters; $50 for vendors
- Regular registration (January 12-February 1): $30 for presenters; $30 for students; $40 for non-presenters; $50 for vendors
- Walk-in registration: $50 for non-presenters; $75 for vendors
- Cannot attend the 2017 conference? You can renew your membership on the registration link, for $25.
Call for Presentations (the call for presentations closed on December 16, 2016)
Optional off-site field trip
Participants will travel to the Winterthur Museum Garden and Library to explore “Enchanted Woods: The Magical Children’s Garden.” This field trip will provide inspiration and insight into creating outdoor gardens and play spaces for children.
Each year, the conference features a silent auction of items and services donated by DAEE members, partners, and conference participants. Silent auction proceeds fund our mini-grant and conference scholarship programs, so bid early and often! If you would like to donate to this year’s silent auction, please click “yes” on the conference registration form, or email Lisa Watt.
For the first time in 2017, DAEE will offer at least one (1) Expanding Audiences Conference Scholarship. The deadline for applications
is January 20, 2017 has been EXTENDED to January 30, 2017. For more information and to apply, please click here.
At the annual conference, DAEE awards one mini-grant, worth $500, to a worthy environmental education project in the state. The deadline for applications is January 20. For more information and to apply, please click here.
DAEE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Therefore, sponsorships are tax-deductible!
- Conference Lunch ($250)
- Conference Breakfast ($150)
- Exhibit/Break ($100)
- General Sponsor ($50)
- Expanding Audiences Conference Scholarship ($40)
Conference Contact: Angel Burns