In addition to our annual conference in the winter, from time to time, DAEE offers special behind-the-scenes tours, professional development workshops, or paddling trips to members and non-members.
Upcoming DAEE supported events:
- Pond Paddle & Mill Tour, May 22, 2017, 6:00-7:30pm, Abbott’s Mill Nature Center, 15411 Abbott’s Pond Road, Milford, DE. Pack a picnic dinner and enjoy a guided sunset canoe on Abbott’s Pond in search of beaver, herons, kingfishers, and spring blooms. Pack your hiking shoes to enjoy a sunset hike afterward. Free to DAEE members, donations welcome. Contact Matt Babbitt at 302-422-0847 to reserve your spot in a boat.
- Early Childhood Workshop: Growing Up Wild & Project Learning Tree, Summer 2017
- Non-formal Edcuation Program Evaluation Workshop, September 2017
- Children in Nature Month, October 2017
Past events include:
- Hike & Happy Hour at Flint Woods Preserve
- Environmental Literacy and Next Generation Science Standards workshop
- Members-only social at the Auburn Heights Preserve
- Members-only behind-the-scenes tour of the Mt. Cuba Center
- “Guidelines for Excellence: Best Practices in EE” workshops
- Kayak paddle and horseshoe crabs at Slaughter Beach and DuPont Nature Center
- Canoe paddle at the DuPont Environmental Education Center
- DAEE celebrates its 501(c)(3) status at Bertucci’s in Newark
Stay tuned for more great events!