DAEE holds a variety of events for you!
In addition to our Annual Conference, DAEE holds a variety of other Delaware events. These events are for members and non-members and their families to get together and network, learn about nature in Delaware, or develop environmental education skills.
DAEE offers special behind-the-scenes tours, professional development workshops, paddling trips, and other events.
We’re always looking for ideas for events! If you have an idea for an event, want to host an event, or think we may be able to partner on an event let us know at DAEEonline@gmail.com.
If getting our kids out into nature is a search for perfection, or is one more chore, then the belief in perfection and the chore defeats the joy. It’s a good thing to learn more about nature in order to share this knowledge with children; it’s even better if the adult and child learn about nature together. And it’s a lot more fun.”
– Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods
DAEE events offer a chance to connect, experience, and learn!
Examples of past DAEE Delaware events
- Private Tour of the Delaware Museum of Nature & Science
- DIY Birding Station Workshop at Brecknock Park
- Spring Wildflower Hike at Blackbird State Forest
- Outdoor Classroom and Grounds Tour at The Independence School
- Garden Tour and Geo-Inquiry Workshop at Winterthur
- Introduction to Program Evaluation
- Environmental Education for Early Childhood Workshop: Growing Up Wild & Project Learning Tree
- Pond Paddle & Mill Tour, Abbott’s Mill Nature Center
- Hike & Happy Hour at Flint Woods Preserve
- Environmental Literacy and Next Generation Science Standards workshop
- Members-only social at the Auburn Heights Preserve
- Members-only behind-the-scenes tour of the Mt. Cuba Center
- “Guidelines for Excellence: Best Practices in EE” workshops
- Kayak paddle and horseshoe crabs at Slaughter Beach and DuPont Nature Center
- Canoe paddle at the DuPont Environmental Education Center
- DAEE celebrates its 501(c)(3) status at Bertucci’s in Newark
- DAEE Astronomy Night