DAEE is excited to announce two partners offering support for outdoor learning!
- Delaware Sea Grant is collecting information from Delaware public schools interested in creating or expanding their outdoor classroom. Schools will be selected based on demonstrated need and quality of their plans.
To submit a request for supplies for an outdoor classroom, complete this online form by October 11 at 5:00pm Eastern. Schools will be notified by November 8.
Delaware Sea Grant anticipates assisting approximately 5-7 schools, with each school receiving no more than $2,500 in outdoor classroom supplies (some supply restrictions apply). The goal is to provide supplies to schools in all three Delaware counties. Delaware Sea Grant will purchase the supplies and have them delivered to the awarded schools.
- The Delaware Forest Service is collecting information from Delaware public schools interested in creating or expanding their outdoor learning spaces/classrooms spaces with a specific focus on increasing awareness and appreciation for forests and forest resources. Schools will be selected based on demonstrated need and quality of their plans. Projects can be submitted here: link.
Outdoor Learning Spaces will serve as pilot projects for DAEE’s Outdoor Learning Network and will be catalogued on DAEE’S Outdoor Learning Spaces Story Map.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service’s Schoolyard Habitat Project Guide
- Green Schoolyards America and others’ National Outdoor Learning Library
- District Administration 6 key ingredients to creating an outdoor classroom
- NAAEE’s Guide to Advocating for Outdoor Classrooms
- Outdoor Classroom Planning – Best Practices